.Rosemary is a popular herb that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. It is known to stimulate hair growth, promote circulation, and reduce dandruff.
Benefits of the ingredients:
Rosemary essential oil
- Jojoba oil is a lightweight oil that is similar to the natural oils produced by the scalp. It is a good moisturiser and helps to prevent dryness and dandruff. Jojoba oil also helps to protect the hair from damage and breakage.
- Argan oil is a Moroccan oil that is known for its many benefits for hair. Argan oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, which can help to protect the hair from damage and improve its shine. Argan oil also helps to moisturise the hair and make it more manageable.
- Rosemary essential oil is a natural stimulant that can help to improve circulation to the scalp. This can help to promote hair growth. Rosemary oil also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can help to prevent dandruff.
- Bisabool Oil is great for calming a dry itchy scalp.
Here is a recipe for a rosemary scalp and hair oil that you can make at home.
- 10 grams Jojoba oil
- 10 grams Argan oil
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops Bisabool essential oil
- Gather your ingredients and wash your hands thoroughly.
- In a small beaker, combine the Jojoba oil and Argan oil.
- Add the Rosemary and Bisabool oils and stir to combine.
- Transfer the oil mixture to a dark glass bottle with a dropper or spray cap.
- Label the bottle and store it in a cool, dark place.
How to use the oil:
To use the oil, apply it to your scalp and hair, massaging it in gently. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if possible. Rinse it out with shampoo and warm water. Condition as normal. We used our own natural vegan friendly shampoo bars to wash with. Quick Tip: Warm up a small amount of your hair oil in a small bowl in the microwave for a hot oil hair treatment!
Watch the video on Instagram here.
You can use this oil once or twice a week for best results.
- If you have a sensitive scalp, you may want to start with a small amount of oil and gradually increase the amount as your scalp gets used to it.
- Avoid getting the oil in your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes immediately with water.
- Keep the oil out of reach of children.
Jojoba Oil: https://www.thesoapery.co.uk/
English Rosemary Oil: https://naturallythinking.com/rosemary-british-essential-oil/
Other oils you could use include Coconut, Chia Seed Oil, Chamomile and Lavender Oil
I hope this blog post helps you to make your own rosemary scalp and hair oil. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or drop us an email!